Updates about ongoing projects and information about paths which are temporarily closed can be found by clicking on the links below.
Tweets by @PathsENPA
Julia Bradbury supports Lynmouth Woodside Bridge fundraiser
Exmoor National Park is working with the local community to raise funds to replace Woodside Bridge that crosses East Lyn near Lynmouth. The bridge has provided an important crossing that has helped thousands of visitors and local people enjoy the beauty of this area, but sadly the previous one was so well-trodden that it had to be removed in December 2016.
People can donate via the Exmoor National Park website
http://www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk/caremoor/woodside or by sending a cheque to “CareMoor (Exmoor National Park)” to Exmoor House, Dulverton, TA22 9HL. For further information contact Lynmouth Pavilion National Park Centre on 01598 752509.
More details - please click here.
The Chains and Great Bradley Bridge - Mend Our Mountains Appeal
Help fund vital work on The Chains and Great Bradley through a contribution to the BMC Mend the Mountains National Parks campaign.
Mend Our Mountains: Make One Million aims to raise £1 million in total for a range of vital path repair projects within Britain’s entire family of 15 National Parks.
To find out more about the campaign visit http://mendmountains.thebmc.co.uk/.
Rights of Way & Access Annual Report 2016-17
The latest report is now available: Rights of Way & Access Annual Report 2016-17
Here are some of the highlights:
- Our highest ever ‘Ease of Use’ assessment score – 96%
- A record number of 16 major works being completed – many from Headwaters of Exe project funding and our first crowd funding project – BMC Mend Our Mountains
- Working with Natural England to assist and advise in the implementation of the new England Coast Path across Exmoor.
- Two Moors Way 40th anniversary relaunch which has resulted in numerous trail improvements, new pocket guide, website and promotional video
- A fantastic effort from our Path Watcher volunteers, surveying paths in 10 Parishes and adding up to 518 hours.
Changes to the Path Network: Public Path Orders
Up and coming Recreational Events
Somerset County Council Interactive Map: Logging issues on Rights of Way
- Donate to Caremoor
- Winter on Exmoor
- Exmoor Events Calendar
- Exmoor Visitor Map
- Big Adventures and Family Events 2018
- Walking on Exmoor
- Download the Exmoor App
- Where to stay
- ExploreMoor - Travel Information
- National Park Centres
- Out and About Essentials
- Exmoor for Families
- Accessible Exmoor
- Guidance for Event Organisers
- Horse Riding
- Road Cycling
- Mountain Biking
- Trail Running
- Sea Kayaking
- Country Sports
- Tarr Steps
- Exmoor - a year in sounds
- Services Information for Exmoor